Sunday, November 16, 2008

NJ: A Cloudy Day Can Be Beautiful Also













Sunday, November 16th: I decided to ride from home to the ride start in Clinton, NJ. It was a nippy morning, 38F when I left home. I stopped in High Bridge to take a photo of the small Veteran's park, where the flags were being whipped around by strong winds, followed by a stop for espresso in Clinton before joining the group that would be 9 riders.



My friend Lee, whom I've been riding with for nearly 20 years, planned the route that took us through Hamden, Pittstown, Quakertown, and Cherryville. We were constantly buffeted by winds of up to 30mph. It's a funny thing about wind: it's rarely to your back!



Although I would have preferred to ride under sunny skies, the cloudy sky was beautiful.



Photos: the flags were blowing straight out in High Bridge, espresso stop in Clinton, ride photos

No comments:

Post a Comment