Monday, November 23, 2009

"Secret Coppi", an Account by Coppi's Daughter


The new book, "Coppi segreto", is an account of Coppi's life written by Paolo Viberti and guided by the words and testimony of Coppi's daughter Marina Coppi. The book's release coincides with the 50th anniversary of Coppi's passing which will be on January 2, 2010.

Marina, a shy person, has refrained from speaking about her father until now. "When I was very small I did not realize who my father was, for me it was simply a joy to be next to him. I realized that for him the bicycle was an an important object, like a musical instrument for an artist. Papà was always around so many people screaming and urging him on... Coppi! Coppi! Everybody wanted something from him, to greet him, to touch him, even to have a nod of acknowledgment. I was not so bad in all that chaos, often finding it amusing, though sometimes I would have wanted my papà all for me. ...". Marina Coppi was 12 years old when her father passed away.

The author, Paolo Viberti, has worked at Tuttosport since 1980 and has covered 23 years of the Giro d'Italia and Tour de France, 24 Milan-Sanremo and 22 World Chmapionships.

The 181 page book is published in Italian by: SEI. ISBN: 8805070246

Stories for the Italian Cycling Journal welcome; contact me at veronaman@gmail.com. There are more than 1,000 stories in this blog; the search feature to the right works best for finding things in the blog.

2 comments:

  1. Rather nice place you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. BTW, why don't you change design :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need help to change design! email me..

    ReplyDelete