Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Corsa Cleat: A Modern Bicycle Cleat for Vintage Pedals



Thanks to Robert who writes, "Thank you for creating a fun blog about riding in Italy. I have enjoyed two L'Eroica rides 2011 & 2013, and plan to ride again this year. Also I hope to move to Italy for a few months or more depending on the visa, in a couple of years.

I have started my first Kickstarter to fund the initial cost for injection molding a new version of the old cleat. My new cleat has 10 degrees of float and works with vintage toe clip pedals. I came up with the idea a few years ago while training to do the L'Eroica ride. It is just something I created for all the people that love to restore and ride their old bikes but don't have the knees to ride toe clips.

Here is a link to my Kickstarter: http://kck.st/1oB0R9n"

Coincidentally, the next blog entry will be about an Italian solution for making city bike pedals more friendly for shoes (and high heels)....stay tuned.

Content for the Italian Cycling Journal is now based upon contributions from readers. Please contribute. Stories about rides, granfondos, touring, having a good time cycling in Italy, Italian cycling history, racing, etc. are always welcome. Contact me at veronaman@gmail.com.







1 comment:

  1. Good idea! He should make it compatible with 2-bolt SPD shoes as well.

    ReplyDelete